Developing the Strategic Role of The Subject Leader With a Gap Task (2 day course)
Thursday, May 26, 2022
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
St. Peters Learning Centre, St Peter’s CE Primary and Nursery School, Shrubbery Gardens, Wem, SY4 5BX View in Google Maps: Click here
Audience: English and mathematics subject leaders Cost: £200.00
Two Day Course –
Day 1 – 26/05/22 – 9.15 – 4.00pm
Day 2 – 20/06/22 – 9.15 – 4.00pm
Course Outline – Day 1
This course aims to:
- consider the educational context regarding leading and managing change
- identify what makes an effective Subject Leader
- clarify the importance of developing an ambitious vision statement for the subject
- review medium term plans and consider how these have been adapted to address the needs of all learners (e.g. SEND / more able)
Monitoring and observing learning
- What to look for in learning and the impact of teaching through: lesson observations, book looks and pupil voice
- Reviewing and writing action plans.
- Choose one aspect of the monitoring activity and complete a record to bring to the next session.
- Understand ‘intent, implementation and impact’ and their role within effective leadership and management.
Course Outline – Day 2
Review of gap task
- Colleagues will be required to bring a selection of subject books for English and mathematics to support their gap task evidence
Working with and supporting colleagues
- How to positively influence and affect change
- Strategic planning; compliance and consistency
- How to ensure and capture the evidence of impact from CPD activities
- Consider potential questions and the format for an Ofsted ‘deep dive’ in maths and English
- Leaders will be better prepared, and have improved confidence, to lead their subject effectively
- To have completed the professional learning log, including the ‘deep dive’ section.
Cancelling a Booking
Please read our course booking cancellation terms & conditions before reserving your place –
Read Cancellation T&C's here
All bookings will remain on our system until written confirmation of cancellation is received. A charge of 100% will be incurred if a delegate place is cancelled within 7 working days of the course date. The full course fee will be charged for any delegate/s who do not arrive for a course for which a place has been booked and not cancelled. All delegates will be required to sign the course register on arrival.
Whilst we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee to accommodate delegates on a course for which they have not booked a place. In the event that a course has to be cancelled, we will endeavour to give a minimum of 7 working days’ notice of cancellation.
Course tutor names may be subject to change.
Shropshire Primary Partnership reserve the right not to accept a course booking.
Bookings are closed for this course.
Please note: You should receive an automatic email confirmation for your booking request. This service operates 24/7. If you do not receive an email please check in your spam box or contact us directly via our contact page. Thank you