Greater Depth in Science and the Foundation Subjects
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
9:15 am - 3:00 pm
St. Peters Learning Centre, St Peter’s CE Primary and Nursery School, Shrubbery Gardens, Wem, SY4 5BX View in Google Maps: Click here
Audience: KS1 and KS2 teachers and leaders Cost: £150
A rich, broad, balanced and deep curriculum is currently the focus for school inspection. The emphasis has moved away from core subjects alone and now schools are increasingly expected to demonstrate that pupils have opportunities to gain the deepest possible degree of understanding in all subjects.
Greater depth is, for many schools, the next step in curriculum and teaching development. This course is both intellectually stimulating and intensely practical.
Delegates will advance their understanding of:
- The nature of greater depth in science and foundation subjects
- How to plan tasks that will allow pupils to gain greater depth, with practical examples from science and foundation subjects
- How to assess pupils’ understanding through a series of time efficient ways that do not add to workload
- Developing expectations of pupils’ work
- How to design a depth driven curriculum
Take aways from the course:
- Examples of greater depth tasks and questions from science and all foundation subjects
- Example planning frameworks
- Assessment advice
- Examples of pupils work to help you create your own moderation materials
*Shropshire Primary Partnership is offering Chris Quigley courses at a significantly lower cost than if booked directly with these companies.
Cancelling a Booking
Please read our course booking cancellation terms & conditions before reserving your place –
Read Cancellation T&C's here
All bookings will remain on our system until written confirmation of cancellation is received. A charge of 100% will be incurred if a delegate place is cancelled within 7 working days of the course date. The full course fee will be charged for any delegate/s who do not arrive for a course for which a place has been booked and not cancelled. All delegates will be required to sign the course register on arrival.
Whilst we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee to accommodate delegates on a course for which they have not booked a place. In the event that a course has to be cancelled, we will endeavour to give a minimum of 7 working days’ notice of cancellation. Please note:
Course tutor names may be subject to change.
Shropshire Primary Partnership reserve the right not to accept a course booking.
Bookings are closed for this course.
Please note: You should receive an automatic email confirmation for your booking request. This service operates 24/7. If you do not receive an email please check in your spam box or contact us directly via our contact page. Thank you