Subject Knowledge Enhancement: KS1 & KS2 Elegant Solutions
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
St. Peters Learning Centre, St Peter’s CE Primary and Nursery School, Shrubbery Gardens, Wem, SY4 5BX View in Google Maps: Click here
Audience: Mathematics subject leaders and class teachers Cost: £100
Comments from teachers who have implemented this approach in 2019
“Teachers are more confident in extending children’s ideas through questioning.”
“Children are looking for patterns, questioning ideas without being prompted!”
“Children of all abilities are now participating and are now more willing to share ideas and thoughts.”
The term elegant solution is used in mathematics to refer to a solution that solves the problem in the simplest and most effective manner.
This course aims to strengthen the teaching of reasoning and problem solving to include:
- the why – proof and justification
- the why not – counter examples and reasoned argument
- the what if – conjecture and critical thinking
- Delegates will have enhanced their knowledge of effective strategies for teaching reasoning and problem solving resulting in improved outcomes for pupils.
- Subject leaders will have a clear overview of the progression in reasoning and problem solving.
Take aways from the course:
- Examples of greater depth tasks and questions from science and all foundation subjects
- Example planning frameworks
- Assessment advice
- Examples of pupils work to help you create your own moderation materials
*Shropshire Primary Partnership is offering Click4teaching courses at a significantly lower cost than if booked directly with these companies.
Cancelling a Booking
Please read our course booking cancellation terms & conditions before reserving your place –
Read Cancellation T&C's here
All bookings will remain on our system until written confirmation of cancellation is received. A charge of 100% will be incurred if a delegate place is cancelled within 7 working days of the course date. The full course fee will be charged for any delegate/s who do not arrive for a course for which a place has been booked and not cancelled. All delegates will be required to sign the course register on arrival.
Whilst we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee to accommodate delegates on a course for which they have not booked a place. In the event that a course has to be cancelled, we will endeavour to give a minimum of 7 working days’ notice of cancellation. Please note:
Course tutor names may be subject to change.
Shropshire Primary Partnership reserve the right not to accept a course booking.
Bookings are closed for this course.
Please note: You should receive an automatic email confirmation for your booking request. This service operates 24/7. If you do not receive an email please check in your spam box or contact us directly via our contact page. Thank you