HLTA (Higher Level Teaching Assistant) Preparation and Assessment (2 Day Course)
Thursday, November 26, 2020
9:15 am - 3:00 pm
Darwin Learning Centre, Woodfield Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8LU View in Google Maps: Click here
Audience: Support staff aspiring to be HLTAs Cost: £290 + VAT Consultant(s): Best Practice Network Ellen Smith
2 Day Course
Day 1: 26/11/20 – 9:15am – 3:00pm
Day 2: 14/01/21 – 9:15am – 3.00pm
Supporting staff to gain HLTA Status has many benefits to schools and the HLTA. These include:
- Developing confidence, self-esteem and aspiration
- Valuing and enhancing knowledge, expertise and skills
- Empowering TAs to develop an area(s) of expertise
- Developing effective teamwork between teachers, HLTAs and TAs
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- Raising levels of achievement and progress in individual, small group and whole class contexts
All applicants must have:
- Teaching assistant experience
- Some experience of leading whole class learning with no teacher present
- Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English and must provide documentary evidence
How to apply:
HLTA candidates should apply through Best Practice Network web application form available at http://bestpracticenet.co.uk/hlta
When asked, ‘Are you applying as part of a network or teaching school group?’ answer ‘yes’ and state Shropshire Primary Partnership.
When asked, ‘Do you have a code?’ please enter SPPTSA.
The cost of the school-based assessment that takes place approximately 5-9 weeks after day 2 is £450. No VAT applies to the assessment fee.
Cancelling a Booking
Please read our course booking cancellation terms & conditions before reserving your place –
Read Cancellation T&C's here
All bookings will remain on our system until written confirmation of cancellation is received. A charge of 100% will be incurred if a delegate place is cancelled within 7 working days of the course date. The full course fee will be charged for any delegate/s who do not arrive for a course for which a place has been booked and not cancelled. All delegates will be required to sign the course register on arrival.
Whilst we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee to accommodate delegates on a course for which they have not booked a place. In the event that a course has to be cancelled, we will endeavour to give a minimum of 7 working days’ notice of cancellation.
Course tutor names may be subject to change.
Shropshire Primary Partnership reserve the right not to accept a course booking.