HLTA (Higher Level Teaching Assistant) Status
Wednesday, November 10, 2021 - Monday, February 28, 2022
Audience: Level 2 in Maths and English Cost: £290 + VAT
Dates above indicate registration period only – course dates given up on application.
Please note this is an online course.
- Fit for purpose, nationally recognised professional status – over 52,000 HLTAs since 2003
- Highly positive impact on schools and outcomes for children and young people
- HLTAs report greatly improved confidence, self-esteem and aspirations
- An effective performance management framework
- Assures quality through rigorous national standards
- Cost-effective, homegrown cover for PPA and other needs
- Enhances knowledge, expertise and skills in supporting learning
- Career progression for HLTAs and mentors
- Can support progression to QTS
Gaining HLTA status is a recognised progression route for school support staff. HLTAs work closely with teachers to raise standards and help each learner reach their potential.
All applicants must have:
- Some experience of leading whole-class learning with no teacher present
- Level 2 in Maths and English
How to apply:
HLTA candidates should apply through Best Practice Network web application form available at bestpracticenet.co.uk/hlta
When applying applicants will need to select the online delivery route then select Shropshire Primary Partnership, partner allocation code is SPP
The cost of the HLTA preparation programme, where participants are prepared for assessment, is £290 + VAT. This cost of preparation does not include the actual assessment element which is £450 per person, no VAT applies to this assessment
Cancelling a Booking
Please read our course booking cancellation terms & conditions before reserving your place –
Read Cancellation T&C's here
All bookings will remain on our system until written confirmation of cancellation is received. A charge of 100% will be incurred if a delegate place is cancelled within 7 working days of the course date. The full course fee will be charged for any delegate/s who do not arrive for a course for which a place has been booked and not cancelled. All delegates will be required to sign the course register on arrival.
Whilst we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee to accommodate delegates on a course for which they have not booked a place. In the event that a course has to be cancelled, we will endeavour to give a minimum of 7 working days’ notice of cancellation.
Course tutor names may be subject to change.
Best Practice Network reserve the right not to accept a course booking.