Integrating Mindfulness and Movement in the Early Years Curriculum
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
9:15 am - 12:00 pm
St. Peters Learning Centre, St Peter’s CE Primary and Nursery School, Shrubbery Gardens, Wem, SY4 5BX View in Google Maps: Click here
Audience: Staff working in Early Years settings Cost: £50 Consultant(s): SPECTRA Jane Bannington & Anna Granger
Explore how mindfulness can be used with children in the Early Years to promote well-being and enhance the learning environment.
This session will support staff to:
- Learn how to include ‘mindful moments’ within the daily routine to foster children’s focus and patience
- Explore different games and activities that support children to pay attention to how they feel on the inside and notice what is happening around them too.
- Practice a range of fun games to help children to connect with their breath
- Support pupils to engage with their senses and connect with the present
- Create spaces inside and outside that foster a sense of calm
- Use visual supports to imbed key mindfulness concepts in the daily routine.
‘We feel safe when we feel connected to life; to our breath, to our body, to the ground and to each other. When our children feel connected, safe and centred they can engage with life and all its joys and challenges; they can self-regulate their stress, reduce anxiety, learn more easily, develop emotional intelligence and process difficult experiences in a more peaceful way.’ Lorraine E Murray, Author of Connected Kids™
Cancelling a Booking
Please read our course booking cancellation terms & conditions before reserving your place –
Read Cancellation T&C's here
All bookings will remain on our system until written confirmation of cancellation is received. A charge of 100% will be incurred if a delegate place is cancelled within 7 working days of the course date. The full course fee will be charged for any delegate/s who do not arrive for a course for which a place has been booked and not cancelled. All delegates will be required to sign the course register on arrival.
Whilst we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee to accommodate delegates on a course for which they have not booked a place. In the event that a course has to be cancelled, we will endeavour to give a minimum of 7 working days’ notice of cancellation. Please note:
Course tutor names may be subject to change.
Shropshire Primary Partnership reserve the right not to accept a course booking.
Bookings are closed for this course.
Please note: You should receive an automatic email confirmation for your booking request. This service operates 24/7. If you do not receive an email please check in your spam box or contact us directly via our contact page. Thank you