Preparing for Ofsted’s EIF 2019: The Unique Curriculum- high level planning for English and mathematics
Thursday, January 16, 2020
9:15 am - 4:00 pm
Darwin Learning Centre, Woodfield Road, Shrewsbury, SY3 8LU View in Google Maps: Click here
Audience: English and mathematics subject leaders, senior leaders Cost: £100 Consultant(s): Kate Burton & Chris Ogden (Click4teaching)
‘There is no one-size fits all approach to curriculum design in highly-effective schools.’ (Ofsted, 2019)
This course will help leaders consider the outcomes from Ofsted’s two-year research into the most effective education systems and academic structures, and the place of these within the new inspection framework.
Delegates will consider:
- how to remodel their English and mathematics long and medium-term planning to ensure that essential knowledge is embedded in the long-term memory
- the substance, integrity and the notion of Cultural Capital
- the ‘study, recall, recall, recall – recall’ structure to strengthen teaching to secure learning
- the use of different approaches to curriculum design categorised as:
- and skills-led
- A clear understanding of the philosophies that underpin the Ofsted EIF from September 2019
- A deep understanding of your unique school’s vision, ethos and community, and the role they play in curriculum design
*Shropshire Primary Partnership is offering Click4teaching courses at a significantly lower cost than if booked directly with these companies.
Cancelling a Booking
Please read our course booking cancellation terms & conditions before reserving your place –
Read Cancellation T&C's here
All bookings will remain on our system until written confirmation of cancellation is received. A charge of 100% will be incurred if a delegate place is cancelled within 7 working days of the course date. The full course fee will be charged for any delegate/s who do not arrive for a course for which a place has been booked and not cancelled. All delegates will be required to sign the course register on arrival.
Whilst we will make every effort, we cannot guarantee to accommodate delegates on a course for which they have not booked a place. In the event that a course has to be cancelled, we will endeavour to give a minimum of 7 working days’ notice of cancellation. Please note:
Course tutor names may be subject to change.
Shropshire Primary Partnership reserve the right not to accept a course booking.
Bookings are closed for this course.
Please note: You should receive an automatic email confirmation for your booking request. This service operates 24/7. If you do not receive an email please check in your spam box or contact us directly via our contact page. Thank you